Dr. Kay Thi Lwin
Ph.D (Metallurgy), I.I.Sc., India
(10.7.2008 to 23.12.2009) and (24.4.2012 to Present)
History of Technological University (Thanlyin)
In January 1986, Ministry of Industry (1) founded Industrial Training School, which was the very first origin trace of the university. In March 1993, this training school was transferred to Ministry of Education from the Ministry of Industry (1). The school became a Government Technical Institute (GTI), offering two-year diplomas on vocational studies.
The Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) was formed on 2nd October, 1996. Government Technological Institute was transferred from the Ministry of Education to the newly formed Ministry of Science and Technology on 1st January, 1997.
On 2nd October, 1999, GTI was upgraded to a Government Technological College (GTC) which offered four-year Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programmes. On 20th January, 2007 to offer bachelor’s degree programmes in Engineering and Architecture, it was promoted to Technological University level and was named Technological University (Thanlyin). Therefore, our university has been University level for ten years since then.
At present, it is offering nine Engineering Programmes, which are: Civil Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Power Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Information Technology Engineering and Architecture.
In order to achieve the quality standard of teaching and learning, and research and development (R&D), Technological University (Thanlyin) is linked not only with other technological universities in Myanmar but also had signed MOUs with some universities in ASEAN region. Teaching syllabuses for each engineering and academic subjects are made up to meet the requirement of international standards.
Technological University (Thanlyin) firmly believes that people are its most valuable asset and has therefore committed itself to the people centered management philosophy. Our resources of personnel are from the highest caliber and equipped with quality working experience. Our management team itselves are also competently quality to address any matter directly whether technically, commercially and / or legally. Couple with stringent selections, good training grounds and exemplary foresight, Technological University (Thanlyin) is proud to announce that is has attracted and retained a talented and knowledgeable team.
Appreciation human resources as our number one asset, Technological University (Thanlyin) has actively promotes a congenial and consultative environment between the management and staff. This ethos is evident to our customer as our executives are capable and confident to make decision and handle customers' need promptly and efficiently.
In addition, it has the ISO 9001:2008 quality management system and wants to adopt the AUN-QA guidelines and criteria as part of its quality framework.
“To become internationally recognized, high-ranking University that educates highly qualified Engineers and Architects in building the nation towards the developed Myanmar. ”
“To contribute to the development of our nation and society through the pursuit of engineering education with high international standing and training the human resource developments for local needs.”
Motto“Our Technology to develop our Nation.”
Information on the composition of committees
- University Administrative Body (Advisory Body)
- Technological University Cooperation and coordination Committee
- University Academic Committee (Senate)
- University Administrative Committee
- Management Review Committee
- Quality Steering Committee
University Education Board
- Head of Academic
- Head of Administration
- Heads of departments ( 14 departments )
- Registrars ( Student Affair )
- Registrars ( Examination & Convocation )
University Administration Board
University Administration Board is organized as follows;
- Head of Academic
- Head of Administration
- Head of Department (Civil Engineering )
- Head of Department (Architecture)
- Head of Department (Electronic Engineering)
- Head of Department (Electrical Power Engineering)
- Head of Department (Mechanical Engineering)
- Head of Department (Mechatronic Engineering)
- Head of Department (Information Technology)
- Head of Department (Chemical Engineering)
- Head of Department (Petroleum Engineering)
- Head of Department (Myanmar)
- Head of Department (English )
- Head of Department (Engineering Mathematics)
- Head of Department (Engineering Physics)
- Head of Department (Engineering Chemistry)